ice group operates in Norway through the well-established ice brand. Ice is Norway’s third largest network operator and provider of voice and wireless data services, challenging the lucrative duopoly of Telenor and TeliaSonera.
Ice is also Norway’s third largest provider of wireless broadband services, with a market share of 21.6% based on number of subscribers.
The cornerstone of our Norwegian business is the utilization low frequency bands, providing superior geographical- and indoor coverage and significant cost advantages (both capex and opex). Its smartphone proposition, for both consumers and B2B customers, is based on a brand new multi-frequency 4G LTE network characterized by superior speed, capacity and coverage.
ice group's Norwegian operation in brief:
- Continuous growth in revenues and customers since 2009
- #3 network operator Controls 29% of available mobile phone frequencies
- Pure 4G-only network for both voice and wireless broadband
- #3 provider of wireless broadband, with market share of 21.6%
- Wireless broadband coverage of 75% of Norway’s geographical area
- Wireless broadband coverage up to 120 kilometers off shore Norway
- No legacy, with state of the art support systems