Ice Group operates in Norway through the well-established ice brand. ice is Norway’s third largest network operator and provider of voice and wireless data services, challenging the lucrative duopoly of Telenor and TeliaSonera.
The cornerstone of our Norwegian business is the utilization low frequency bands, providing superior geographical- and indoor coverage and significant cost advantages (both capex and opex). Its smartphone proposition, for both consumers and B2B customers, is based on a brand new multi-frequency 4G LTE network characterized by superior speed, capacity and coverage.
Ice Group's Norwegian operation in brief:
- Continuous growth in revenues and customers since 2009
- #3 network operator controlling 18% of available mobile phone and MBB frequencies
- Pure 4G-only network for both voice and wireless broadband, with 80% population coverage
- #3 provider of mobile phone voice services with total market share (B2C and B2B) of 6.8% at year-end 2017, based on number of subscriptions
- #3 provider of wireless broadband, with market share of 21% at year-end 2017, based on number of subscriptions
- Wireless broadband coverage of 75% of Norway’s geographical area
- Wireless broadband coverage up to 120 kilometers offshore Norway
- No legacy, with state of the art support systems