Ice expands the sponsorship as the biathletes' main partner
The mobile company ice extends the agreement with the Norwegian Biathlon Association and at the same time secures an ambassadorial agreement with Norway's most popular female biathlete. - This is good news for Norwegian biathlon in a tough time, says Tiril Eckhoff and Johannes Thingnes Bø.
- Last season was great. We are constantly impressed by this hard-working group and it is important that Norwegian businesses continues to support Norwegian sports. We have received requests from other associations recently, but choose to expand the collaboration with the biathletes due to the positive experience over the past year, says CEO of ice, Eivind Helgaker.
- It is good news for Norwegian biathlon that ice chooses to expand its cooperation with us. We have to put in the same amount of training and preparation regardless of how the season will be and no matter where we go to competitions, says Tiril Eckhoff. She receives support from teammate Johannes Thingnes Bø.
- The only thing we know is that it will be different this year than last year. Having ice on the team not only gives us good coverage when we are out skiing, but is a necessary predictability to continue to be the world's best biathlon nation, says Thingnes Bø.
The Norwegian Biathlon Federation is facing a different winter season, where the World Cup is still being planned. The association's new general secretary believes the business community will play an increasingly important role in sports in the coming period:
- We are proud that we have partners who dare to think forward and who see the value in being on a team with us in an uncertain time. At the moment, we do not know for sure how the season will look either in Norway or abroad. This puts even higher pressure on us as an association to deliver both in and outside the biathlon arena, says the general secretary of the Norwegian Biathlon Association, Morten Djupvik.
The mobile company ice came in as a hat sponsor last season, and is the main partner for the Norwegian Biathlon Association. In addition, the company has a private agreement with Johannes Thingnes Bø, and at the same time covers the entire national team's mobile expenses. Now they are also signing a separate agreement with Tiril Eckhoff.
- Tiril is a fantastically skilled athlete, hardworking, goal-oriented and a good role model. It is the sum of what makes us want to enter into an agreement with her and tie her even closer to us. I am very happy that she has agreed to expand the collaboration and thus become an important ambassador for the ice team, says Helgaker.