AINMT significantly strengthens its presence in Norway
Oslo, 5 February 2015 – AINMT-owned ice.net has signed a national roaming agreement with TeliaSonera in Norway and will acquire certain assets of Network Norway including its customer base.
The agreement is effective as of 1st March following today’s approval from the Norwegian Competition Authority for TeliaSonera to acquire Tele2’s Norwegian operations. The agreement covers the following:
- ice.net will acquire Network Norway’s customer base and the Network Norway brand
- ice.net will acquire Officer AS, Norway’s fastest growing retailer of mobile communication solutions, with dealerships throughout Norway
- ice.net retains an option to acquire the 2100 MHz spectrum, subject to government approval
- ice.net enters into a six-year national roaming agreement (NRA) with TeliaSonera. The agreement includes 2G, 3G and 4G coverage for both Network Norway and ice.net customers
- A co-location agreement giving ice.net access to TeliaSonera’s sites at beneficial rates and conditions
"We entered Norway in 2009 because we saw great potential in this market. Today is a major milestone in that respect. We will continue to invest in Norway and aim to capitalize on the highly promising challenger position that we have created for ice.net,” Says JD Fouchard, CEO of AINMT Holdings AB.
On 1 October 2014, it was announced that ice.net would purchase parts of Tele2's mobile network infrastructure if the Norwegian competition authorities approved TeliaSonera acquisition of Tele2’s Norwegian operations. As a result of today’s approval, that agreement also comes into effect.